Noise By-Laws & Ordinances

The Town of Halifax does not have a noise ordinance or noise by-law. If someone has a complaint concerning noise, it can be filed with the Halifax Police Department under "Disturbing the Peace" - Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 272, Section 53, the Board of Health under "Creating a Nuisance" - Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 111, Section 122 or the Building Inspector under "Prohibited Uses" - Town of Halifax By-Laws, Chapter 167, Section 9.