Mobile Food Vender

***All permit applications must be submitted to the Halifax Board of Health at least 30 days prior to any planned event opening date.***


Please print and complete application and/or form and return with application fee.  If you would like to expedite the permit process, you may fax, 781-293-1738 or email, [email protected] the application and required documents and send the fee by U.S.


All checks must be made out to the Town of Halifax and mailed to the Halifax Board of Health, 499 Plymouth Street, Halifax, MA  02337.


Required Documents:

Completed, dated and signed permit application.

Workers Compensation Insurance Affidavit.

Liability Insurance Certificate.

Liability Insurance is a requirement for the Halifax Board of Health to issue a permit.

Workers Compensation Insurance Certificate.

Food Safety Certificate .

Allergen Awareness Certificate.

Application fee for event food venders: $75.00 per event or $250.00 for the season.

All mobile food venders are required to have a Massachusetts Hawkers and Peddlers license when participating in mobile food events.  If you are licensed in another state, you are still required to have one for Massachusetts.

Mobile Food Venders are not required to have a hawkers and peddlers license if the event organizer has a promoter’s license.

Ice Cream Truck Venders are always required to have a Hawkers and Peddlers license.

Hawkers and Peddlers License: