The chair of the Halifax Planning Board has notified the Town that the continuation of the Halifax Planning Board's public hearing on the proposed changes in the Town's zoning by-laws, scheduled for Thursday, June 4 at 7:15pm, will be continued again to the Planning Board's meeting on Thursday, July 16 at 7:30pm with the hope that the State's directives concerning the size of gatherings will be amended by that time to allow everyone to attend the hearing in person.
The Halifax Planning Board will hold a public hearing on Thursday, May 7 beginning at 7:15pm on proposed changes to the Town's zoning by-laws.
The subjects include:
1) A number of amendments to sections of the zoning by-law concerning multi-family housing;
2) Allowing recreational marijuana establishments in the commercial/business zone by special permit;
3) Updates to the sections concerning the floodplains in order to comply with FEMA requirements
The text of the proposed by-laws can be found at:
Because of the pandemic, the expectation is that the meeting will be held via Zoom (the Governor's orders prohibit gatherings of more than 10 people). Interested parties can attend by:
1) Telephone: Call 1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
and then choose meeting number: 827 6124 3918
2) Computer or smart phone: Visit https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82761243918
It is expected that the Planning Board will provide information as to how interested parties will be able to speak during this public hearing.
Interested parties can also send comments, questions, and suggestions to the Halifax Planning Board, 499 Plymouth Street, Halifax, MA 02338 or by e-mailing the Planning Board secretary, Jo-Anne Snow at [email protected]